The Superkids Reading Program™
Superkids is a core literacy program that provides explicit, step-by-step lessons that teaches all aspects of reading and intergrates seamlessly with any language arts program. The set of Superkids characters engage and motivate children with their unique personalities and interests.
- Includes three grade levels, each with a particular set of materials to reach the reading goals established for each grade
- Formal and informal assessments available so teachers can offer differentiated instruction based on assessment results
- Program comes with full Teacher Materials that contains a program overview and instruction books for all program components
Superkids Provides Just-Right Instruction, Practice, and Texts for Reading
With the alphabetic code at its base, Superkids steadily and comprehensively builds K–2 students’ literacy, preparing them for the challenges of third grade, through:
- Explicit and systematic instruction to solidify the alphabetic code and develop the decoding habit
- Varied practice applying skills to on-level text to build fluency and comprehension
- High-interest, engaging literary and informational text
Students become fluent, confident readers of grade-level text who do not rely on word memorization or contextual guessing.
The three grade levels of Superkids feature a particular set of materials to reach the goals established for each grade. Every component purposefully supports the development of multiple, specific, connected skills. Simultaneously, the program exposes students to literary, science, and social studies content to build background knowledge and language proficiency.
- Learn letter-sound association
- Blend, decode, and encode sounds and letters
- Apply known sounds and letters to cumulatively decodable text
- Build reading automaticity and fluency
- Think about and comprehend text
More Products from Educational Books
For more than 65 years, the Highlights name has stood for the highest standards of quality in publishing for children. We pledge that every publication that bears the Highlights name will live up to this same reputation for uncompromising excellence.
Highlights International represents a family of companies dedicated to children and their caregivers. We are proud to help bring Fun with a Purpose™ products from Highlights for Children, Zaner-Bloser and Boyds Mills Press.
Our business address is 1800 Watermark Drive, Columbus, OH 43215, United States of America.
If you have any questions, our team is here to assist you!
Sign-Up for the Highlights International Newsletter
Are you curious about what’s happening with Highlights International? Then sign up for the e-newsletter from the Highlights International Team! This bi-annual newsletter is a great way to learn about our latest licensing and distribution news. Our newsletters cover a variety of topics, including author spotlights and interviews, news about upcoming trade shows, and information about our wide range of products—magazines, trade books, and puzzle and activity books. Sign up today to receive our newsletter and stay informed about all of our “Fun with a Purpose™” products around the world.